BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With rumors of the '08 LT moving to the Slant block engine from the 1200S..has the Flying brick in it's most recognizeable form seen it's last days, or will it likely remain in other platforms? Just curious and thought I would take it upon myself to rid "never" from the posts column.

Macker
SLC
'00 LTC

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
outa here!

it;s been a good engine, hopefully the new one will be as dependable, and if so, it will remove the oil issue when leaving it ont he side stand! a plus for sure, although i thought the k12s a bit buzzy, I would hope they resolve that buzz and catch up with
the jap bikes very smooth operation these day's

I could see a Kawasaki touring machine being a big seller if it compared anything like the lt or close, the GW is so smooth we know it can be done already.

·
Registered
351 Posts
k bike

seems after 22 years they have almost got it right and yes they are going to stick the k1200s engine (obviously lower bhp ) which is going to have a lot of problems .
lets just hope it does not take 22 years to get it right.
better the devil you know than the devil you do not know ?.

04 your 05
graphite in blighty.l

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
I will likely stay with the 05' LT I have now for touring and get something different for the street to play with, so changes to the LT really have very little signifigance in my situation.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
me too at least untill 08-09 <g>

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
tmgs said:
outa here!

it's been a good engine, hopefully the new one will be as dependable, and if so, it will remove the oil issue when leaving it on the side stand!
I can hear it now, "My bike smokes a lot after I do a stoppie! Is that normal?" :D :D :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
I for one test rode the 1200S and though it has major roll on power, I feel the engine doesn't compare to the current LT brick for torque. If BMW is offering the current LT at the 20-22K mark, you can bet the 08 will start at 22K and that is just wayyyy off my charts for a new bike.

I hope to get 100k off my current LT and then move back to a smaller bike.
If I am still into the LT at that time, I am sure there will be low mileage 05-07's available for a hell of alot less than 22K.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
hoodoodrum said:
I for one test rode the 1200S and though it has major roll on power, I feel the engine doesn't compare to the current LT brick for torque. If BMW is offering the current LT at the 20-22K mark, you can bet the 08 will start at 22K and that is just wayyyy off my charts for a new bike.
Well, I suppose the LT engine will be in a different state of tune, as is today's LT vs. the RS engine. The price will probably high, but I never thought I would pay 18k bux for a bike in 2001! What was I thinking? ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Does anyone know when the 06's will be on the floor

Does anyone know when the 06's will be on the floor, and if so, do you know what changes might be made to this bike. Looks like BMW mfg. would have someone reading messages on this site to find out what ail's the K1200LT.
I very seriously doubt that they will make any body changes due to the big change coming in 08. Just curious.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
There is some info on our old site regarding this. Look here for possible dates, and here and here for changes to the LT.

Also, this link shows some pics of the new HID headlight for 2006.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts