BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so we have a cabin up here in the north woods, and on up the road from us, further into the Chequamegon-Nicollet national forest, sits a very incongruous place called the Delta Diner. Check out the pic. I also mentioned it in another thread.

Last week, I was in the Diner, chowing down on a PBLT (that is a perch, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich) and I got to talking with Todd, the owner and chief cook and bottle-washer. We worked out a plan for recognizing CCR riders and the good things we do for children's charities. On Wednesday and Thursday Todd is offering semi-random prizes. He will have his staff keep count of CCR riders who are wearing their registration badge as the arrive at the Diner so that he can spiff the 1st CCR rider through the door, then the 15th, then the 30th, the 45th, etc. with a FREE Diner Gear T-shirt. They have a special Diner-logo, white long sleeve T, specifically made for riders and they will size for each lucky rider, accordingly. You can come at breakfast or at lunch (they are open from 8 to 4), but you can figure you'll have to wait a bit at those high demand times - the place only seats 32 and people come from hundreds of miles away to eat at the Diner. Believe it. I've seen/done it myself. Todd suggests planning a late lunch, to get there in the slower period from 2 to 4 PM if you are doing the Hwy 13 loop east along Lake Superior down to Bayfield, and then meandering back toward Duluth through the twisties around some of Wisconsin's 15,000 lakes. Slide by Delta, WI, grab some great diner food, marvel at such a shiny stainless steel place sitting out in the north woods, and maybe score a free T! I've never lied to anyone about good food!

www.deltadiner.com

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,068 Posts
We were planning on stopping there on Monday on our MI day trip.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
We'll be stopping by there Monday also. We're coming from Copper Harbor so we'll probably be there in the early afternoon. It sounded so good I wanted to make sure we at least got there once while we're in the area.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Got it in my GPS for either Thursday or Friday outing. Looks like some nice twisties in the area.

Thanks,
Jer

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even though you are not headed there Wednesday and Thursday, let Todd know you are CCR, show him your badge if you have it, and he'll probably honor the deal on other days. We worked out those times and days because those are the time's you'll least likely have to wait for a table. I told him our guys would not sit around for 30 minutes or more to eat when they could be riding. He is a moto rider himself, so he understands.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
We'll be stopping by there Monday also.
We're coming from Copper Harbor so we'll probably be there in the early afternoon.
It sounded so good I wanted to make sure we at least got there once while we're in the area.

Gee did somebody already say that!?! :confused:

Maybe we will see you in the Harbor :wave We should be there Sunday afternoon.

Looks like Monday is burger day at the diner and they are open past 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts