BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Friend Dell Fields pass away yesterday afternoon at home. He told Joan a few days ago that it would be a "beautiful death", She said it was exactly that. He is in a better place now, in no pain and cancer free.

I'll miss you brother.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
RIP Dell. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
This is one of those people that I always wanted to meet and never did. His family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Speed Dell.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
The world has lost a good man and I have lost a great friend. My deepest sympathy to Joan and family.
God speed Dell, ride like the wind.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I am without many words. Part of me is happy that Dell is now free. I pray that Joan will find peace, and know that she will survive her loss.

The selfish part of me will miss Dell for a long, long time. He was truly a great person.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Our sympathy goes out to Dells family. They are in our prayers. God speed my brother and we'll see you on the other side.

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
The Sun has dimmed, birds sing less sweetly and the usual beckoning of the road has gone silent. The world has lost someone special with the only solace being that Dell is in a better place free of his painful burden.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
To Infinity And Beyond !

Happy Landings Dell.

John

·
Registered
406 Posts
Godspeed Dell! I will miss you my friend. I know when I ride to Alsaka next summer, you will be with me.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I saw Joan just awhile ago and she is doing ok. Her family will be with her until the end of the month. I'm sure Joan could use some support and visits then when her house is empty. She also said that there will be no service. She and Dell both felt that every day of the last month has been a special service of some kind like when we all went over there last Wednesday night. It meant a lot to him and Joan and her family. He went in a special place with special people around him every day. He not only had a bunch of friends from the motorcycling community but also Hewlet Packard where he spent 22 years. He had quite a few of them visiting also.

I will miss everything about him. There was only one Dell.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds like a great friend and traveler.
Go with God. :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Fairwell my friend. Until we meet again.

·
Registered
465 Posts
God bless and heal your family's broken heart, Dell! You're in a better place, but it's Joan that needs our support, now.

·
Registered
482 Posts
One of the few truly great people I have had a chance to know, I wish I had had more time to spend with him, but the time I did was special. I will miss him.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I think this says it all Ted. Heres hoping Dell finds some of the best riding in this better place he has traveled to.

God Bless,

John
Ted Shred said:
Our Friend Dell Fields pass away yesterday afternoon at home. He told Joan a few days ago that it would be a "beautiful death", She said it was exactly that. He is in a better place now, in no pain and cancer free.

I'll miss you brother.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
There will be no service per Dell's wishes.
I know he would appreciate any donations go to the Sutter Roseville Cancer Patient Support Group.

We can celebrate his life every day by trying to live up to his legacy.
He is the bravest, kindest, most talented individual I've ever known.
I am grateful to have known him, he will ride with me always.
Good-bye friend.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts