BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum so I'm not familiar with some of your terms. I do a search and it gives me threads with the abreviations in it but not the definition.

1. CCR (some kind of rally, I suppose)

2. ATGATT (safety gear, I assume)

3. G.A. (no idea)

Any others I should know about? BTW....I fingured out....WTF? hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
CCR - Cowboy Curve Reunion
ATGATT - All the gear all the time - Helmet, pants, jacket, gloves, boots.
G.A - New one to me.

Welcome to the forum. What is your ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
I use www.acronymfinder.com. It's a great site and have found 99% of all acronyms used on this site there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,549 Posts
GA: Georgia

PLS: plus?

PSE: please

*********** unnamed oil company

cold WX: temps dropping below 80F

Bob Leaky Type 00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
Some common ones I use quite often after years of forum posting:
  • FWIW = For what it's worth
  • DAMHIK = Don't ask me how I know
  • IIRC = If I recall correctly
  • FYYFF = Oops! Wrong forum! never mind... ;) (go to advrider.com)
  • m13 = some jackass who frequents bmwlt.com :rotf:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,872 Posts
Don't forget: DILLIGAF
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
RocketRon said:
Ok....what is S.O.? I assume it's the back seat driver....pillion....passenger....she officer...????
Two things...

Significant Other

- or -

Strongly Opinionated



yer choice... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
Floridacars said:
Two things

Significant Other

- or -

Strongly Opinionated

In my house it's one and the same
Does she wears the pants too? :rotf:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,820 Posts
RocketRon said:
Ok....what is S.O.? I assume it's the back seat driver....pillion....passenger....she officer...????
And on a bad day, of course, "SO" can morph into "SWMBO" -- She Who Must Be Obeyed. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
And we all wonder how you can get out of the house to go riding Howard. :p :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,820 Posts
Steve_R said:
And we all wonder how you can get out of the house to go riding Howard. :p :D
Those would be what we call "good days". :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,137 Posts
Since no one else has chimed in, and I may have been the guilty party in having used this term which is quite common within my other community, General Aviation is commonly refferred to as G.A.

Sometimes we forget who we're addressing. and assume that everyone knows what the H--- we're talking about.

My bad!

But I do love CCR and I wear ATGATT, even on my short commute to work!

John
RocketRon said:
I'm new to the forum so I'm not familiar with some of your terms. I do a search and it gives me threads with the abreviations in it but not the definition.

1. CCR (some kind of rally, I suppose)

2. ATGATT (safety gear, I assume)

3. G.A. (no idea)

Any others I should know about? BTW....I fingured out....WTF? hehe
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top