BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the privilege of owning a couple of older RT's and a GS. The GS wasn't for me so I sold her this past spring. Work has been a bear with time off so I wasn't really looking another ride, however I picked up a GL1800 on a really great deal from a neighbor. It's comfy, smooth, reliable, great storage, holds a line for such a big rig.

It's just such a chore at times to get out of the garage, suspension is somewhat archaic. Today was at a family outing so I stopped by my local dealer & sat on a GTL was amazed how light of the side stand it felt! It brought back a lot of good memories of getting my 1st RT! So Ive been thinking? of putting the GL on the CL already. :grin:

·
IBR# 366
16,592 Posts
Schedule a test ride on the GTL, then you'll know if it's the bike for you.

And bring your checkbook along . . . :bmw:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try out a GTLE if possible,
There a little more but well worth the money!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Having recently purchased a GTLE, there are only two issues that I have with my new bike when comparing it too my previous ride, that being a 2012 Goldwing. There is less storage capacity and a higher center of gravity, which is noticeable at slow speeds only.

The GTLE has much improved agility, horse power, finer steering precision and a larger fuel tank with increased fuel mileage when compared with a Wing.
And on a hot day, I will no longer be roasting behind the Wing's shield.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wing is Gone & Sold, bike shopping begins! A K16 I had my eye on already is gone, but their should be some good deals coming with cooler weather around the corner.

J

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Wing is Gone & Sold, bike shopping begins! A K16 I had my eye on already is gone, but their should be some good deals coming with cooler weather around the corner.

J
I picked up my '13 GTL in January of '14. They had a slew of '14's sitting there, and one last lonely little '13. Got $3,500 off. :surprise:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2013 RT and made the mistake of riding a GTL while mine was in the shop. Now I can't get it out of my mind and have a major case of I wanna's.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My friend has a wing. He spent good $$$ on a traxion suspension for his. It will carve up any twisty road there is. A little pricy, but a world of difference over the Honda stock system.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it's the lighter weight you appreciate, consider an RTW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts