BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all. In the 7 months of ownership of my 05 LT, my largest issue with the LT has been the stereo. The speakers/amp/channels all work great. The only thing that was not functional on her was the 6 disc cd changer, I bought another off of E-bay and the %$#& thing still didn't work. :crybaby:I really would like to hook up a phone/mp3 player to my stereo. I researched on these forums as well as the internet to see what my options were and found:

1) There's a great adapter to use a phone/mp3 player if you have a tape player (which I do not).
2) There is a doo-hicky called DICE, which is hard to find, sort of expensive , and has very mixed reviews.
3) If you have an 06+ with some package, there is already an auxiliary port (I have an 05).
4) I can do a bluetooth helmet setup. May get there eventually. Not interested right now.
5) I could get Sirius Radio, but I don't ride enough to be attracted to that option. Plus, that still doesn't truly let me control my sounds.

I even took the LT to our best local stereo installer. This place installed the stereo on my Valkyrie. I told them what I wanted and they said they would look into it and give me a call when they found a workable option. That was 5 months ago. Still no call. :crying:

So... I have been limited to the single cd player in my stingray as well as am/fm radio. Workable, but irritating as hell.

I was visiting with one of my friends and overheard his son talking about a radio transmitter used in cars that did not have auxiliary. I decided to give it a try. I ordered 3 off of Amazon (they are all under $20). I chose to try the wireless ones. They came in yesterday and I tried one out on my Thursday night group ride. I must say that it works well and was super easy to set up. To be fair, it is not the same quality as cds or wired auxiliary sound, but it is still very good and, in my opinion, the flexibility/choice of sound far outweighs the inferior quality. I have only used it for about 2 hours, but so far am impressed. I attached a pic of the transmitter I am currently using. I also bought 2 others, but have no opinion as they are still unopened. It is well worth a try if you are like me and wish to have the option of podcasts and thousands of songs at your command.

Attachments

Reactions: sailor

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Good morning all. In the 7 months of ownership of my 05 LT, my largest issue with the LT has been the stereo. The speakers/amp/channels all work great. The only thing that was not functional on her was the 6 disc cd changer, I bought another off of E-bay and the %$#& thing still didn't work. :crybaby:I really would like to hook up a phone/mp3 player to my stereo. I researched on these forums as well as the internet to see what my options were and found:

1) There's a great adapter to use a phone/mp3 player if you have a tape player (which I do not).
2) There is a doo-hicky called DICE, which is hard to find, sort of expensive , and has very mixed reviews.
3) If you have an 06+ with some package, there is already an auxiliary port (I have an 05).
4) I can do a bluetooth helmet setup. May get there eventually. Not interested right now.
5) I could get Sirius Radio, but I don't ride enough to be attracted to that option. Plus, that still doesn't truly let me control my sounds.

I even took the LT to our best local stereo installer. This place installed the stereo on my Valkyrie. I told them what I wanted and they said they would look into it and give me a call when they found a workable option. That was 5 months ago. Still no call. :crying:

So... I have been limited to the single cd player in my stingray as well as am/fm radio. Workable, but irritating as hell.

I was visiting with one of my friends and overheard his son talking about a radio transmitter used in cars that did not have auxiliary. I decided to give it a try. I ordered 3 off of Amazon (they are all under $20). I chose to try the wireless ones. They came in yesterday and I tried one out on my Thursday night group ride. I must say that it works well and was super easy to set up. To be fair, it is not the same quality as cds or wired auxiliary sound, but it is still very good and, in my opinion, the flexibility/choice of sound far outweighs the inferior quality. I have only used it for about 2 hours, but so far am impressed. I attached a pic of the transmitter I am currently using. I also bought 2 others, but have no opinion as they are still unopened. It is well worth a try if you are like me and wish to have the option of podcasts and thousands of songs at your command.
I have known several people to use these FM transmitters to interface a device with an existing stereo. No, not CD quality but acceptable seeing you are listening with a helmet on and wind blowing.

Reactions: gorm5

·
Registered
170 Posts
just sent mine in for repairs and upgrade to a fellow in Florida if it still there tomorrow having the power upped and bluetooth installed - still debating the iphone thingee as I have no music on my Iphone - now with the Iphone 7 with no port - don;'t have the cd stacker as i wanted the storage- let u know how it turns out

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,099 Posts
You can use this chord on your radio since you do not have the intercom this port will be open on the back of the radio.

Attachments

Reactions: gorm5

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can use this chord on your radio since you do not have the intercom this port will be open on the back of the radio.
Thanks, John. For the rest of the riding season (for me that will be about 4-5 more weeks) I will experiment with the transmitters. I like not having to deal with any wires. I will still buy a chord and will give it a try next year if I'm not satisfied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts