BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Well, I saw one deer and one truck. Little traffic and NO cops!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Cool. Where's all the photographers??? :bmw:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks for the preview....whetting my appetite! "We're heading there with another couple the weekend of the 30th.

We'll do the Dragon on Friday and teh Cherohala on Sunday. Haven't had the LT on the Dragon yet but some of the twisties in the N Georgia mountains are very similar and it handled them alright.

·
Registered
440 Posts
RocketRon said:
Thanks for the preview....whetting my appetite! "We're heading there with another couple the weekend of the 30th.

We'll do the Dragon on Friday and teh Cherohala on Sunday. Haven't had the LT on the Dragon yet but some of the twisties in the N Georgia mountains are very similar and it handled them alright.
I don't think I've been through there when it hasn't been raining. And your LT will do just fine on the Dragon. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Thanks, Mike. I hope to ride the gap one day. interesting to watch how you pick your lines. I'm sure being familiar with the road helps, along with being an expert rider. :dance:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I choose the path of least resistance.
Which is usually the shortest distance through the turn. Outside to inside to outside.

We pay taxes to use half of the road, may as well use the whole half.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
BennyBob said:
Thanks, Mike. I hope to ride the gap one day. interesting to watch how you pick your lines. I'm sure being familiar with the road helps, along with being an expert rider. :dance:
Oh come on Benny. You must not have ridden many miles in the twisties then. I ride 'em just like Mike. You really need to learn how to ride. :p :rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,545 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good video. Just made the trip the Deals Gap on the 15th. Caught the rain about half way up and a torrential down pour coming down from Gatlinburg towards Cherokee in the National forrest. Had to keep slowing down for our friends on their Ultra Glide...just can't stay with the LT wet or dry. Put about 650 miles in the twisties, mostly in the rain but still a great time.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Steve_R said:
Oh come on Benny. You must not have ridden many miles in the twisties then. I ride 'em just like Mike. You really need to learn how to ride. :p :rotf:
Does that mean I have to take the training wheels off too? :D
Some of those looked blind and had several in rapid succession. When I'm familiar with a road and know what's coming next I choose different lines than when I'm on a "new to me" road." But here I built Mike up, calling him an expert, and you just willy nilly burst his bubble. I know you're just looking out for him. Don't want his helmet to be too tight. :rotf: :histerica

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I ride even the unknown roads like that. I just don't take chances on blind inside corners and get to close/cross the centerline. My problem is always cagers that think that they are A.J. Parnelli Andretti and are cutting corners or swinging too wide because they over estimated their speed.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Good point on riding cautiously since we get those who don't respect the yellow line and ride or drive just beyond their skill level. Out here, I get mostly deer and other critters who lounge around just out of sight on blind corners or rises from dusk to dawn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts