BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed most of the threads on the old board regarding windshields clouding up..... Using alcohol seems to work for the short term...
I can wash/clean mine on Saturday and by Wednesday just sitting in the garage it clouds up something terrible... It was bugging me so I called my dealer and asked about it.... No problem, they are going to change it (this saturday) under warranty. Naturally I was glad to hear that.. so I guess that means that there is something wrong with some number of them.. Does anyone know what actually causes it to fog up?

Rich in Florida

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Fort Myers BMW replaced my windshield on Saturday Morning. Took about
20 minutes. The replacement is a BMW windshield and not a NC as a couple of you folks mentioned. Its crystal clear and no signs of distortions except along the extreme outer edge on either side. The edge at the top has no distortions at all. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the fogging problem repeats its self..

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe,
the dealer mentioned that he keep 1 or 2 windshields in stock. I guess I'm not the first to question the defect.
I'd be interested to see how you like the Kontour seat upgrade. It seem like a great product. I'm currently using a sheepskin cover and while its an improvement over using nothing its not that great. Give us post when you get it back..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.