BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that around 1700 to 2200 rpms a twist of the throttle does little. Once it slowly builds up to 2500 rpm its back to normal all the way to 7000 rpm's. It seemed real bad today because it was 95 degrees here and bike was running above the middle of the temp guage. Not sure if they are related but im guessing.

Any ideas? 50k miles just did a oil change and fuel system cleaning.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
What year is your LT? Depending on the year you may have to cut the infamous brown wire to get the other computer map curve or disconnect the temp sensor. Check the boards and you'll find a lot of info.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hot weather, hot intake air temperature, low rpm's and open throttle do not suit this engine. Unless this has never happened to you before under the same conditions, I would think this is a normal to the hot weather.

I have felt similar effects, which are particularly 'hairy' when expecting power out of a slower corner and getting a less-than-expected engine response. I have not tried the "brown wire' solution that others have mentioned.

My solution has been to use a lower gear and higher rev's, since it is also my experience that BMW engines are not the low-rev torque monsters we would like them to be, but are much happier at much higher revs and really don't wake up until 3500 rpm or so.

1700-2500 rpm is for diesels... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts