BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I have a 2007 LT that's been sitting while I have been out of the US. I locked it with the keyless remote enabling the alarm. Its been in storage for several months and now the battery is completely dead and the keys do not seem to be able to unlock any of the locks where I can get to the battery to re-energize this machine. Any suggestions... its Monday and no shops are open so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, this works better if you have a key with the rubber finger pad part... the short flat steel key makes it hard to push and turn.

Now that I'm charging up, we will see how to get into the glovebox without a keyfob. I'm hoping I can disable the alarm system without a keyfob. Being Monday, none of the shops are open and I was told it will take several hours for them to pair a new fob with the machine.

ilpo said:
Just open the sidecase with the key by turning it only half way and then pushing down. Then you can get to your battery and charge it.

//Ilpo

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,168 Posts
thereal said:
Now that I'm charging up, we will see how to get into the glovebox without a keyfob. I'm hoping I can disable the alarm system without a keyfob. Being Monday, none of the shops are open and I was told it will take several hours for them to pair a new fob with the machine.
You can only if you have the code card that came with the bike. If you strike the lock on the oddiments box it should pop right open. It should only take about 15 minutes to associate a new FOB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow up on this adventure :) ... It must take a hammer to get the oddiments box to open - this being the case if you lock it with the keyless remote. I was hitting it pretty hard with my palm after putting the key in the horizontal and then vertical position. It wouldn't push in like the saddle locks.

Now to search for a way to reset the alarm, once power was applied... Wow that's loud especially in a 10x10 storage. Unless I can find something in here soon, its a tow to the local shop.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,168 Posts
That was a quick solution. You can go into the area where the alarm is and find the two pin connector that feeds the solenoid and drive it to unlock. Requires removal of the top case and the plate underneath it then apply 12V to the two pin connector. If it doesn't unlock then reverse the polarity on the two pin connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts