BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone let me know where to find the install instructions for the DDM Tuning Head Light install? I here it is a lot easier to do if you get it off line than the instructions they send you. I need to look at them before the kit gets here. So I don't run into any problems. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I still have to wait at least week to get the kit in. But the price was right and I have to just wait. As Always, Thanks Gang...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Rob, do a search on ddm install and you should find some pictures. When I did mine I elected to remove the tupperware, windshield, etc just because I wanted to. Since hindsight is a perfect 20/20 I wouldn't go to the trouble again. You can do the install by reaching above the front fender(actually a little higher) and pulling the back of the headlight assembly down by releasing a wire bail. Not hard to do at all.

Only slightly more difficult than replacing a headlamp as you do need to drill one large hole in the piece you pull out in order to install a grommet with the wires for the ballast/ignitor to pass through. Not tough at all.

Loren

·
Registered
39 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Rob, do a search on ddm install and you should find some pictures. When I did mine I elected to remove the tupperware, windshield, etc just because I wanted to. Since hindsight is a perfect 20/20 I wouldn't go to the trouble again. You can do the install by reaching above the front fender(actually a little higher) and pulling the back of the headlight assembly down by releasing a wire bail. Not hard to do at all.

Only slightly more difficult than replacing a headlamp as you do need to drill one large hole in the piece you pull out in order to install a grommet with the wires for the ballast/ignitor to pass through. Not tough at all.

Loren
+1 on that, no need to remove the tupperware, it's an easy install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts