BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings guys.

I hope you're all getting geared up for the festive season. Just one thing....keep it safe.

My DDM HID kits arrived last week. I purchased the H7 and H3 kits. The low beam really was snap out the old bulb and clip in the new HID bulb, drill the 22mm hole in the back cover, pass the wiring loom through and tie up the ballast and away. However, it seems BMW in its infinite wisdom use a unique hi beam bulb holder in there. What is the process in modifying the bulb holder to allow the HID bulb to function?

Cheers to all

Paul
sa.

·
Registered
628 Posts
harrowbmw said:
Greetings guys.

I hope you're all getting geared up for the festive season. Just one thing....keep it safe.

My DDM HID kits arrived last week. I purchased the H7 and H3 kits. The low beam really was snap out the old bulb and clip in the new HID bulb, drill the 22mm hole in the back cover, pass the wiring loom through and tie up the ballast and away. However, it seems BMW in its infinite wisdom use a unique hi beam bulb holder in there. What is the process in modifying the bulb holder to allow the HID bulb to function?

Cheers to all

Paul
sa.
Doing the high beam in the coming weeks. Did you figure this out?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
atrovarious said:
Doing the high beam in the coming weeks. Did you figure this out?
I'll throw raffy in the works here. I just RR my low HID and the High had some sort of fitting that made everything work just like OEM. I just can't remember where he got them...

·
Registered
9 Posts
harrowbmw said:
Greetings guys.

Cheers to all

Paul
sa.
I have installed a few HID's on several different bikes. Do you have any pictures that you can post so I can try to help? I have worked on a few BMW motorcycles that have a similar issue. What year and model is your bike?

BMW Page: http://1offmotorsports.com/p-1463-bmw-touring.html
Phone: 888.225.6418
Ride safe

·
Registered
628 Posts
1offmotorsports said:
I have installed a few HID's on several different bikes. Do you have any pictures that you can post so I can try to help? I have worked on a few BMW motorcycles that have a similar issue. What year and model is your bike?

BMW Page: http://1offmotorsports.com/p-1463-bmw-touring.html
Phone: 888.225.6418
Ride safe
He's getting coffee so I'll chime in.... :histerica
I think he has a 99 LT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts