BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the garage bike is apart ready to put in DDM 35 Watt HID bulb. Does the black plastic behind the bulb base of the new DDM HID bulb stay or is it cut off?

Jim

·
Registered
244 Posts
kb0lxx said:
In the garage bike is apart ready to put in DDM 35 Watt HID bulb. Does the black plastic behind the bulb base of the new DDM HID bulb stay or is it cut off?

Jim
Hi Jim,
It comes off !! will not allow the light latch to work of left on.. you will see..

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you get it off?
Also should I drill the low beam hole top center or a little lower,off center to the right.

Jim

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome to the DDM crew.....I just installed mine a few weeks ago.

Here's the pdf file I created (with mods) and links to other's work.

I recommend you take the nose cone off and detach the headlight to do your work....it makes the job easier and you can do some house cleaning while you're in there.

Good luck!
:bmw:

·
Registered
81 Posts
kb0lxx said:
How did you get it off?
Also should I drill the low beam hole top center or a little lower,off center to the right.

Jim
I just busted it with a hammer. :dance:

·
Registered
244 Posts
kb0lxx said:
How did you get it off?

Jim
most have a slot or weak spot in the plastic piece.. but if not .. crack it with a pair of pliers. I drilled my low beam cover about center.. have not looked at the video above, but give it a look and have at it.. PS.. I removed the front nose tupperware to install the HID as well.. it is not absolutely needed, but sure makes it easier and VERY easy to find places to stick the ballast and starter.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I just cut it with a pair of diagonal cutters. Hammer sounds about right!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the DDM HID Low Beam is now installed. I came in from the top as Raffy stated. Took off windshield and cover below than the windshield and bracket with motor. For the first time I would of been more at ease if I would of taken off the nose cone. The bulb touched the housing when I iinstalled it hope it will be OK.
Thanks for the help.

Would I do it again, will see tonight when I can test it in the dark.
The second time would be easy!

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts