BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else saw the 200 this past weekend and what happen to DuHamel on his Honda
If you didn't see it, he was leading most of the race, while under heavy braking into turn one he had a violent high side. He came crashing to the ground on his head and shoulder as the bike flew off track with plastic parts flying every which way. As soon as he stopped tumbling, he jumps up, runs to his bike, stands it up, starts it and re-enters the race in second. He did enter the pits because the side of his helmut and visor where ground off from the impact his head had with the asphalt. The mechanics did a very poor job of duct tapping his visor onto his helmut. As he left the pits duct tap was flying all over the place, when he tried to remove it the tape stuck to his gloves. That was one real tough lap. I believe he finished 4th or 5th ridding with no windshield and his visor flapping in the 185 MPH breeze.
He's got my vote for superman of 2006.
I hope they replay it tonight on 2 wheel Tuesday on Speed. (8:00 PM EST)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Duhamel gets my vote as well. He is a class act!!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Jake Zemke won the race, but Duhamel came in first in my book. By the way, good for Jake: nice kid. And a fine job was done by the Buell pit crew ! :rolleyes:

- Bob

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
That is why we named one of our dogs after me . His papers say Mighty Miguel Duhamel , his brother is named Wayne " Fido" Raniey...Patric ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts