BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Dash wings

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Toolman 
#1 ·
Can the clear wings set in the top left and right side of the dash be easily removed? And if so, would running without them and the windshield in the up position give more airflow to the rider? It was 84 F here today and while not hot I can tell it would be nice to have a little more airflow in the summer when it is 100+.

Thanks

#2 ·
Those little winglets can be removed as they are fastened with one screw from behind of the tupperware under the windshield.

So you have to remove the windshield first and then open all the torx screws holding the panel plus the one that is behind the map light.

Regards

#3 ·
With windhield all the way down and the winglets turn sideways, you still do not get enough airflow?? Live in Florida and doing the above is good enough for me.

#5 ·
To combat the heat, I was thinking about installing one of those Goldwing windscreen vents like the one seen in this thread. Has anybody done this on an LT? I had one when I owned a Goldwing (in a previous life) and it worked brilliantly. Of course, the GW windshield is a different design in that it doesn't have a gap between the base of the screen and the dash, like our LT windscreens do.
Regards, Toolman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.