BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm still a newbie here, and you haven't heard from me lately as I have been out enjoying my '02 LT. Put more into it at the dealer for service than I wanted, but I didn't have the time, and wanted it for the Summer.

Today while just out for a little ride with the wife, the Brake failure light and the hazard light started flashing back and forth. Brakes work fine. Any ideas?

Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
may be able to answer my own problem. Upon sitting for about an hour, there is a slow drip coming out of the front belly pan of brake fluid. The right front brake line looks "compromised".... Any idea what it costs to replace these? Stainless?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Most of us have changed out all the brake lines using spiegler brake lines. You might be able to find a shop that will just make the replacement that you need,

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
You can pull the bad line off and spec a new one to your liking online or have one built locally if your city is large enough to have a hydraulic shop. Otherwise, about a hundred bucks per brake line for OE, give or take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts