BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago my QD's failed and started to leak gas. I replaced the QD's with some cheapo plumbing connectors. Taking the old QD's off is a real pain, so I just broke it and left the male portion of the QD in the fuel line.

Shortly after, the warning light goes on when riding in traffic, and don't have the pricey GS-911 to get the fault code. So is it possible leaving the male end of the QD in the fuel line causing a fault? Possible low fuel pressure? I can't imagine this but I suppose it's possible.

The warning light shuts off after riding on the highway and restarting the bike.

Thanks!

·
Registered
989 Posts
It does indeed sound like some kind of temporary condition since the alarm clears out. What bike are we talking about?

BTW, if you feel like taking a nice ride into the woods (only about 1-1/2 hrs from the City, but you can make it really long if you like to explore), PM me - you can come up and use my GS911. I will be away this weekend, though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have mentioned before - it's an 02.

Here are my suspicions of what could be causing the warning light
1 - the fuel line as mentioned
2 - maybe all that driving in the city is drawing the battery down which causes the light to come on, but after a nice ride at high speed the battery charges up.
3 - the humidity? been real humid here the past few days.
4 - the air & fuel filters are original and have over 40k on them. (gee I'm kinda mad at myself for neglecting that :|)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts