BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah, I am now also one of those who have droppet it!

I was in my brothers garage and should put the lisence plate on it
and I was sitting on it and just about to put it on sidestand when I found out that it was not fully out, :rolleyes: thus I had to let it down easy :( and luckily no marks on it. :p

Damn how heavy that thing is to get up again!!! With my tall stature and weak knees I would not have gotten it up if it was not with the help of my brother AND that my friends is a scary thought..what if and out in the wilderness!!! :confused:

It shows 31 miles pr gallon in mostly the city...is that normal?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Hey, Paul,
Yeah.. remember, "gravity" never takes a break.

I don't know how you did it, but I have to say, using your "lower back" as demonstrated by our brother, Munson, is the way to go.

Yeah, depending upon your "style" 31 mpg can be "normal"....
Misty gets almost 50 when I am "behaving" and drops to 35 when I am really cranking it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune.

I've had mine lay over 4 or 5 times :( It doesn't get any easier.

There is a good video (if you haven't seen it) Picking up LT

It's still a "Fat Pig"

Joe

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for comforting words, Yes that video I have seen many times, but I am not a shorty (Sorry Munson or who ever you are) I am 6`2"

But maybe If I get soem experience....hehe

Anyway today at 18:00 I am off to this

Where today is the opening of the season for the wednesday coffe run.
A good 30 miles each way to drive and on good roads in nice nature
Here we get people from all kinds a motorcycle clubs and non affiliated people, we even get the Hells Angels here and they are nice fellows also. They even get it when I diss their Harlesy for beeing large vibrators and ball roasters :) All in good fun and they know it :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nice Picture.

I am 6'5" so I share your "challenge". I have "righted-her" by myself using that procedure. It isn't easy, but, can be done.

I've tried other methods, but, lacking a nearby helper, this is your only choice.

I'm sure the "Harley-Boys" will gladly lend a hand to right your bike if it falls again, if only to get pay back for the "Ball Roasters" comments :rotf:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts