DVR set.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Who/What is carrying it?

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
In the USA, it is on NBC Sports. First broadcast is not until Monday.
Coverage is certainly not as good as it was years ago, but we have to take what we can get.

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can also get a free app to follow it on your phone.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Since alot of the USA thinks that Nascar is the only racing, we only get maybe 1 hour or REAL racing. So we take what we can get, easy to follow but hard to watch

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Since alot of the USA thinks that Nascar is the only racing, we only get maybe 1 hour or REAL racing. So we take what we can get, easy to follow but hard to watch
I despise Nascar, and cannot bear to watch even a minute if it. Those guys cannot even get home after a race if there is a right turn anywhere. >:)
I loved WRC, but there is little to no TV coverage if it any more, closest thing to it is the GRC. Hoped Ken Block would come out #1, but the last couple races were not kind to him.

Dakar is my only real fix each year. Too bad the US is poorly represented mostly, especially poor in motorcycles the past few years. Would like to see Robby Gordon kick his gremlins out of the car and win it (or at least podium) once again. His last podium was 2009.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I agree completely, never understood why going in circles in one gear is fun to watch or do. I love European racing. F1, but was poor this year. 2016 motogp should be good, all ecu's are the same, no different classes. The Dakar is by Far my favorite, but there are still people including TV that think the Baja is a hard race. REALLY its a practice round. The Isle of Man is great. I also love any endurance racing. Daytona 24, LeMans. Touring car racing, German, Australian V8.
Maybe someone will realize that just the Dakar has over 1 Billion watchers, that bike week makes more money that the 500.
WRC is great too, but i rarely find it on tv, when I do I watch, wish they would show more stages though.
The thing is, you could ask 100 people about the Dakar and they will look at you like you have three heads.
But racing season has started. Dakar and the Rolex 24 and the WSB, and then GPs and F1. So I'm off my depression now.

See you at the races.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was watching the first three stages yesterday, these guys are really going flat out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That truck was burnt to a crisp, brakes locked up I think. Two in critical condition from the vehicle that hit the roadside crowd. Lots of mud. Why doesn't BMW enter the race? Or have they in the past.
You got to like the heart those guys have that enter the race knowing they can't win. Good stuff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
BMW did enter the race and won several times in the early 80s with the R100GS.
At that time the race started from Paris (France)and arrived in Dakar (Senegal).
Gaston Rayer (a belgian motocross champion) won several times with the R100GS.
He was so short legged and the bike was so tall that his feet did not reach the ground.
An other winner with BMW was the frenchman Thierry Auriol.

I remember very well.

Best regards

Bruno

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for the info. They must sell enough bikes to not need the added exposure. Show the world how great the bikes are by running in the hardest race in the world.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Not a big fan of NASCAR either but I do enjoy watching the two road courses they run each year and yes I do respect their driving abilities. NO cable, no dish, no streaming=no Dakar?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The thing is that Dakar changed the rules. The limit now is 450 cc. So unless BMW comes up with something, they have no desire to go up against KTM or Honda, who have the experience with that size for many many years.

Zeke

1 - 15 of 15 Posts