BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what type of Fan you are, armchair racer, wannabe driver, The DAKAR starts in two days
Jan 4

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,917 Posts
Thanks for the Heads UP. I enjoyed the last one especially watching the Russian trucks, what a hoot!

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I have watched for the past several years. Hope this years coverage gets better, as it has gone down hill the last years since the cancelling of the African routes. The routes are still very good, just poor coverage.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racing coverage is not always what we want, but something is better than nothing. OFF-ROAD LIVE!
I am going to try this this year.

Reactions: dshealey

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Racing coverage is not always what we want, but something is better than nothing. OFF-ROAD LIVE!
I am going to try this this year.
Interesting! I will keep a check on that site, along with watching whatever the coverage is on TV. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found this if it is helpful,

All Upcoming Times for The Dakar Rally
All Upcoming Episodes New Episodes
Show Descriptions Hide Descriptions
No Episode Title
(First Aired: Jan. 11, 2000)
Mon 1/54:30pm-5:00pmNBCSN
Tue 1/64:30pm-5:00pmNBCSN
Wed 1/74:00pm-4:30pmNBCSN
4:30pm-5:00pmNBCSN
Thu 1/84:30pm-5:00pmNBCSN
Fri 1/94:00pm-4:30pmNBCSN
Sat 1/106:00am-6:30amNBCSN
Sun 1/116:00am-6:30amNBCSN
Mon 1/124:30pm-5:00pmNBCSN
Tue 1/134:30pm-5:00pmNBCSN
Wed 1/144:00pm-4:30pmNBCSN
Thu 1/154:30pm-5:00pmNBCSN
Fri 1/164:00pm-4:30pmNBCSN
Sat 1/176:00am-6:30amNBCSN

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
LONG LONG LONG race, But Gordon in 2nd for the time being. Go USA

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He lost four hours today.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
The USA is hardly represented at all this year. In the past we have had a few motorcycles, and at least two sometimes three cars, this year looks like only one motorcycle and one car. This country has become super soft. People like the likes of NASCAR, which holds absolutely zero interest for me. I was hoping Gordon could do good this year. At least he has the balls to keep competing in the toughest motor race on earth.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20 bikes have dropped out and it is only stage 3
41 cars are out of which 34 did not start stage three.
That is one tough race

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If only Gordon hadn't lost almost 6 hours. If you subtract that he would be in the hunt.
But Thats racing. Some of the perennial top guys are out. Attiyah, I hate by the way, looks like a lock. But a six hour fault like Gordon and then who knows. Only half way. Long stretch now. NO HELP for the next leg. The minis are hard to beat.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Date Coverage Time (ET)
Mon., January 5 Stage 1 - Buenos Aires to Villa Carlos Paz 4:30 p.m.
Tue., January 6 Stage 2 - Villa Carlos Paz to San Juan 4:30 p.m.
Wed., January 7 Stage 3 - San Juan to Chilecito 4:30 p.m.
Thu., January 8 Stage 4 - Chilecito to Copiapo 4:30 p.m.
Fri., January 9 Stage 5 - Copiapo to Antofagasta 4:30 p.m.
Sat., January 10 Stage 6 - Antofagasta to Iquique 6 a.m.
Sun., January 11 Stages 7A & B - Iquique to Uyuni for Truck & Car (Bike/Quad Rest) 6 a.m.
Mon., January 12 Stages 7A, 8A & 8B - Uyuni to/from Iquique (Car/Truck/Bike) 4:30 p.m.
Tue., January 13 Stage 8B - Uyuni to Iquique for Bike/Quad (Truck/Car Rest Day) 4:30 p.m.
Wed., January 14 Stage 9 - Iquique to Calama 4:30 p.m.
Thu., January 15 Stage 10 - Calama to Salta 4:30 p.m.
Fri., January 16 Stage 11 - Salta to Termas de Rio Hondo 4:30 p.m
Sat., January 17 Stage 12 - Termas de Rio Hondo to Rosario 6 a.m.
Sun., January 18 Stage 13 - Rosario to Buenos Aires 6 a.m.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
If only Gordon hadn't lost almost 6 hours. If you subtract that he would be in the hunt.
But Thats racing. Some of the perennial top guys are out. Attiyah, I hate by the way, looks like a lock. But a six hour fault like Gordon and then who knows. Only half way. Long stretch now. NO HELP for the next leg. The minis are hard to beat.
I do not like Attiyah either, good driver, and a good shotgun handler (bronze in the Olympics), but seemingly a real ass. His team mate really dissed him yesterday. He sure screwed Gordon over when he was his team mate a couple years back.

I hope Gordon can at least pick up a stage win or two in the last half. Bet he would love to pass Attiyah once (over the top).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Gordon can stay with the fast guys, but always something with the car.
Did you see that Barreda from spain, 1st place all rally, broke his handlebars on the marathon stage. His rally win is long gone. Now 4-5 hours back. Another win for Coma.
Again. The DAKAR attacks with vengence

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
That was Coma with the broken handlebar, took one from one of the other KTM bikes and is ahead now. Barreda led almost the whole way, taken out by electronics failure, probably from all the salt water they had to ride in. I really felt sorry for him to be taken out like that, he was riding a fantastic Dakar.

OOPS, yes it was Barreda with the broken handle bar. He could still have been in position to win, if not for the electronics failure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It was the Honda of Barreda that had the broken handlebar. Coma still is in the lead.

Reactions: Zeke

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
It was the Honda of Barreda that had the broken handlebar. Coma still is in the lead.
Yes. I though I had corrected my post, but it did not take.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More than half of the cars have dropped out, 69-68 remaining
82 bikes, 79 remaining
27 quads, 18 remaining
11 trucks, 52 remaining.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I don't get to see any of the Dakar, no cable-dish-nothing. What Gordon are you talking about?
Robby Gordon. Ran a Hummer for a few seasons, now his own "Gordini". He can fly through many stages, but still suffers mechanical issues that put him behind. This year it was overheating brakes in the second stage. He was second at the end of the first stage, dropped down to 43, now back up to 20th. He got sick during yesterday's stage, did not finish as well as he could.
RobbyGordon.com - WELCOME

1 - 20 of 24 Posts