BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this happened to anyone else? Was riding home a couple of days ago, running @65. Felt something hit my left foot. Looked down and didn't really notice anything. Rode home and parked bike in the garage. Next day went out to get on it, and back it out of the garage. No reverse knob. Now what are the chances of that happening? So for now I'm carrying a pair of vice grips in the side case. Haven't looked into replacing it yet. Life goes on.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
:wow: I'm gonna go tighten mine down, NOW!

Thanks,
Jer

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sorry for you loss RAZ, like Jerry, I am going to check mine ASAP ;) Maybe the bone yard has one?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Razmataz said:
Has this happened to anyone else? Was riding home a couple of days ago, running @65. Felt something hit my left foot. Looked down and didn't really notice anything. Rode home and parked bike in the garage. Next day went out to get on it, and back it out of the garage. No reverse knob. Now what are the chances of that happening? So for now I'm carrying a pair of vice grips in the side case. Haven't looked into replacing it yet. Life goes on.
Contact Hoss (shoswell on the site); I think he has an extra one.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Razmataz said:
I'd say the chances are pretty good if the screw holding it in place didn't have loctite applied per the BMW manual. :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies guys. Hans (Silver Buffalo) has an extra one and is mailing it to me for the cost of a beer when I see him. Now how's that for service. Don't ya just love this board? Of course when I finally do meet him...it'll be more than just one. Beer is just like Lay's potato chips with me.
Anyway, the SO is retiring from teaching after this year, and we're looking forward to getting out on the road a lot more and meeting U'ins. Thanks, again Hans.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Razmataz said:
Thanks for all the replies guys. Hans (Silver Buffalo) has an extra one and is mailing it to me for the cost of a beer when I see him. Now how's that for service. Don't ya just love this board? Of course when I finally do meet him...it'll be more than just one. Beer is just like Lay's potato chips with me.
Anyway, the SO is retiring from teaching after this year, and we're looking forward to getting out on the road a lot more and meeting U'ins. Thanks, again Hans.
Mine fell off on my 2002. I remembered where it happened and even went back to look for it but couldn't find it.
+1 on the Locktite!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts