BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan did you make that trip to WV this past weekend.
Any highlights ???
Just put some new rubber on and remember your LT thread on break-in tires. I have family in NC so if there is a road you would like to suggest I am all ears. I did route 60 last year is that it or could anything be better. I had to ride over to this forum to lay my thread.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Hi Bill,

Yes and No!

I made it up to NC for my nephew's graduation at Guilford College (very high honors that did not come from me!) last weekend, but because of a family situation, couldn't leave until the very last minute and had to fly.

It's amazing how a last minute direct flight would have cost $1,800 vs going one stop in Miami first and saving more than $1,400. My round trip ticket was $360.

I might just have to make the ride up to WV one of these days anyway just because. Maybe in a few weeks....I've found that just about any road off of the interstate is good and I generally use my GPS to find my way home or the the next stop after I get lost.

June is starting to look very good for a road trip!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanDiver said:
Hi Bill,

Yes and No!

I made it up to NC for my nephew's graduation at Guilford College (very high honors that did not come from me!) last weekend, but because of a family situation, couldn't leave until the very last minute and had to fly.

If that's in Greensboro I believe I have driven by there my Daughter did same at NCA&T and it was their turn to give out the honors. Good schools but too late for me.
It's amazing how a last minute direct flight would have cost $1,800 vs going one stop in Miami first and saving more than $1,400. My round trip ticket was $360.

The seating must have been in 1st class where you had a choice of sitting on the newly designed section of K1600GTL so you can ride during the flight. Oh well my attempt at humor.

I might just have to make the ride up to WV one of these days anyway just because. Maybe in a few weeks....I've found that just about any road off of the interstate is good and I generally use my GPS to find my way home or the the next stop after I get lost.

June is starting to look very good for a road trip!
Anyway I will watch for you intended trip if you should go first. On another note this my post show up on the home page or in the K1600 forum. I posted from your section and was wondering if the new post situation been cleared up. I know the guys Andy/Randy are doing a fine job running the forum but if it takes our observations to tweak things so much better for all of us. Don't you think.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts