BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I bought a Cycleshell to keep my RT in. Now that Ive had it awhile I feel comfortable recommending it. It has been great this winter in NJ. I commute with the RT regardless of temperature as long as its dry enough that there inst a risk of black ice. It is super easy to use and I like that I can ride in and immediately close it up. It doesn't touch the bike at all so you don't have to wait for the hot parts to cool. We've had some heavy winds and driving rain and because of the Velcro around the bottom the whole interior stays dry. An excellent product. But then again so is the RT, it sits outside below freezing and hasn't failed to fire right up. I got the touring size as I always keep the top case on.

ATB
JP

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'm (hopefully) temporarily living in a garage-free apartment during the week, so I opted for a lower cost alternative - the ShelterLogic 6'x10'x6.5' "Shed in a Box". It's relatively inexpensive (a shade over $200 plus shipping, cheapest vendor I found overall was Sears), easy to set up (half day with a 10-year old helping, probably less without), and works great. Plenty of circulation area inside, and I think there's enough ventilation that I'm comfortable using the Battery Tender. I'm glad I didn't go any smaller than this one since the door barely clears the top of the windscreen in the lowered position.

It doesn't have a floor, unlike the CycleShell, but even in the heaviest rain the floor has stayed pretty dry. It's nice to have the full coverage when packing the bike in the rain.

JayJay

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely, I live by the water (hence the boat in the driveway, but not for long now) so the lots are small and I don't have a garage. I needed something that would protect the bike but also be easy to use as I commute almost every day. The other issue is the salty air and this really keeps the bike dry so the salty morning mist doesn't get on it. Its really good and comes completely assembled. The only crappy thing is the shipping which would have been like $120 to NJ as it comes truck freight. I got it shipped to a business address where my daughter works and it was only $85. The base is hinged so its like a giant folding table and just opens up flat. Its about 10' long

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Alaskan said:
Thanks for the review. I have been curious about these shelters, as well as the ones that have a tent attached to them, like found here: http://redverz.com/index.html

Anyone have a report on this tent / shelter? I like the idea, but don't know if an RT will fit in one easily.

Alaskan
There was a discussion on this a while back, probably in the camping section of the forum. At least one member has it.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Alaskan said:
Thanks for the review. I have been curious about these shelters, as well as the ones that have a tent attached to them, like found here: http://redverz.com/index.html

Anyone have a report on this tent / shelter? I like the idea, but don't know if an RT will fit in one easily.

Alaskan
That's a bigger GS in it on their site.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Alaskan said:
Thanks for the replies. I think I might get one this year.

Alaskan
Just make sure that you have a stable ground for your bike! After all, you will be sleeping right next to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts