BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give a plug to Wayne and the crew at Cycleport. Michelle and I bought some gear around September of last year. We got the quad armor pads. It's not cheap gear, but I do believe it's some of the best protection you can buy. With the custom sizing and picking our materials (it's nice they're only an hour from home), we were happy with our purchase. The stiching and zippers are solid, and the fit excellent.

Michelle and I went on our Saddlesore run late last year. On that trip, we determined the thermal liners weren't enough to stay warm in 40 degree weather, and the quad-armor pads were just too thick to allow movement with the thermal gear. So, we exchanged the quad-armor pads for tri-armor. Amost 3 months after we bought the gear, Wayne exchanged the pads, and fully refunded the upgrade price for the quad armor. I didn't expect him to give me the full refund, but I'm happy he did.

Wayne said business has really taken a downturn in the last couple months. If you're in the market for new gear, and want some of the best, I strongly recommend Cycleport.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dittos on Wayne and Cycleport (Motoport). I have had a set gear (UltraII Jacket and Pants) for three seasons of heavy use and several washings and the stuff has lasted extremely well, is comfortable even in hot weather, and provides confidence that I am as well protected as I can be.

Wayne is justifiably proud of his gear, and will answer all your questions about it if you should call him.

Check it out if you are in the market for some protective clothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts