BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased '18 RT 11/23/19 from Cycle Werks. Since a demo, told it has additional (demo) warranty till 4/13/2023 (42 months/42,000 miles). I ask for that in writing and told it will be sent with title work. Paper work arrives, but no warranty confirmation. I call and ask and they are checking on it. End of December I call BMW Customer Service, they tell me the end date is 10/13/22 (three years from in service date). Called dealer and spoke to owner, told they are working on getting that corrected. Month (January) later, BMW still has end date as 10/13/22...call and email dealer, get email back stating warranty is good till 4/13/23. However, in checking with BMW AGAIN, they still have it at 10/13/2022. Since then three more emails and one phone call to dealer, where they reply the BMW rep is working on this. YET, BMWNA, as of this week still has warranty ending 10/13/2022. And sad part, as we all know, BMW says everything has to be done through dealer...they will not even contact dealer to find out what the heck is going on....though dealer tells me the REP is working on it - RIGHT! Was I lied to? Was dealer knowingly misleading me or is there a legit recording problem going on? Nevertheless, almost four months and not addressed yet....what WTF?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would doubt that dealer knowingly mislead you. Take the time a visit the dealer in person. Sometimes once stuff is in the computer it’s hard to make corrections.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purchased '18 RT 11/23/19 from Cycle Werks. Since a demo, told it has additional (demo) warranty till 4/13/2023 (42 months/42,000 miles). I ask for that in writing and told it will be sent with title work. Paper work arrives, but no warranty confirmation. I call and ask and they are checking on it. End of December I call BMW Customer Service, they tell me the end date is 10/13/22 (three years from in service date). Called dealer and spoke to owner, told they are working on getting that corrected. Month (January) later, BMW still has end date as 10/13/22...call and email dealer, get email back stating warranty is good till 4/13/23. However, in checking with BMW AGAIN, they still have it at 10/13/2022. Since then three more emails and one phone call to dealer, where they reply the BMW rep is working on this. YET, BMWNA, as of this week still has warranty ending 10/13/2022. And sad part, as we all know, BMW says everything has to be done through dealer...they will not even contact dealer to find out what the heck is going on....though dealer tells me the REP is working on it - RIGHT! Was I lied to? Was dealer knowingly misleading me or is there a legit recording problem going on? Nevertheless, almost four months and not addressed yet....what WTF?
UPDATE: Another email sent to dealer today, after conversation with BMW NA "Supervisor", indicating end date is still showing 10/13/22. Dealer provided a reply within an hour, stating BMW Rep has been recontacted...and assures me this will be taken care of...AND warranty end date is as they told me - 4/13/23. Hoping for the best here...will check with BMW NA in two weeks. Would love to have this resolved, since deal given and sales experience from this dealership was excellent...with this one exception.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Exchanged emails with owner yesterday. Appears BMW Rep may have dropped ball here. Dealer assures me my warranty is what I was told it is. And BMW records will be corrected. I hope this is the case, as all other aspects of this deal were handled professionally...actually one of the better dealers I've worked with in purchasing a bike. That's why this aspect is so frustrating.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is third time I've tried to update this post. Dealer finally got this squared away as of this morning. Apparently my bike wasn't the only one not being correctly labeled warranty wise. Thanks to the dealer....but BMW needs a better system apparently.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Than ks to dealer, this problem was finally resolved. Appears BMW's system had more than just my warranty date listed incorrectly. Thank you Cycle Werks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts