BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take my old oil filter (MAHLE OC 91D) apart to see what’s in there.
As you can see from the pictures (sorry for the quality) it has the by-pass pressure valve in it, in case the filter gets clogged up, it allows dirty oil to get to the engine (better than no oil getting to the engine).

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Defaoite said:
Decided to take my old oil filter (MAHLE OC 91D) apart to see what’s in there.
As you can see from the pictures (sorry for the quality) it has the by-pass pressure valve in it, in case the filter gets clogged up, it allows dirty oil to get to the engine (better than no oil getting to the engine). But you want to know the best part about this? I got to use my band saw and just rip into something!

There. Fixed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragonwing:
I would appreciate it, if you would have the good manners not to EDIT my post and then re-quote it.
Your comment was humorous, but please quote it as your own.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Did I miss something?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Yeah Tony, Bradley took some liberty with the Quote box and added what I am sure was just meant to be humor. But they were not the words Derek, the OP, used.

If you post it as a quote, I guess it should be true to the original. Otherwise it ain't a quote! But surely not worth fighting over gang!

Just sayin,

John
deputy5211 said:
Did I miss something?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
HEY!!!!!

Those of us who are as dumb as a box of rocks don't appreciate this!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good grief.....what is this...."Ding a Ling Day"?

Everybody......go take a nap...................

Pat

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
fpmlt said:
Like that Tony :wave

And yes, we can fight over ANYTHING :histerica
Hmmmmm.... the quoting system seems to have psychic powers. When you quote someone, it quotes what they were thinking and not just what they typed. Awesome!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
petevandyke said:
HEY!!!!!

Those of us who are as dumb as a box of rocks don't appreciate this!
Damn! Pete has psychic powers, too! Uh-ooooh.... I guess I do, too, because I know what he is thinking now as he reads this! :dance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts