BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have tried the reg. Corbin and now the low version and all I can say is I wish they made one in between. Oh well. I guess I will try a custom built one next winter when I can go without my pan for a while. I will say this, the Corbin seats look great and sits fantastic. Comfort is no problem with the Corbin's. Its just a personal height issue. Im 6' with lowered floorboards. Any suggestions would be helpful. If anyone is looking for a black leather heated low corbin PM me. I will be posting it in the classified section tomorrow with pics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had Corbin seats on other bikes and liked them just fine, but. . .

The stock seat on my '05 LT is pretty much the right height for me. I can flatfoot from the normal riding positon and my legs are not uncomfortable. On longer rides I raise th seat for a little more relaxed leg positon. (Like you I have the relocated boards.) So, since you're tyhey guy with the first hand expereince, how do each of hte two Corbins compare to the height of the stock seat?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well at my height and inseem of 34'' this was my experiance. The reg corbin was higher than I liked. It was higher than the OEM seat in high position and even though I could put both feet on the ground flat it was only just by a hair and I didnt feel like I had enough control. I thought the low seat was better but with my inseem I felt like I was back to the OEM position of the pegs again and my chins were just touching the tupperware. It is lower than the OEM seat in the low position. Im with you that the OEM seat seems to be just the right height for my height. I wish Corbin made one in between because both I tried were very nice in looks and butt comfort. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
225 Posts
HiFi
was the Corbin more comfortable?

·
Registered
185 Posts
My Corbin is night and day more comfortable than the stock uncomfort seat. Since I've got a 36" inseam, reaching the ground isn't a problem for me.

Is yours adjustable for height? I know that mine has an adjustable latch. It seems to me that the seat itself could be hight adjustable by adding to the rubber bumpers that support the seat. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts