BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone received a custom seat for a 2005 Yellow (gold) LT? As far as I can tell, no one can match the grey color. It would look kind of rough to have a seat that was not the same as the knee pads.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
You've got a good eye! Grey is REALLY hard to match up, red is in the same league.

I have yet to see a vinyl or leather ANYWHERE that matches the OEM fabric. They are fairly close, but.... I've personally looked at hundreds of samples (and hundreds of seats...) ;)

We had 7 different stock shades of grey to choose from for our perforated micro fiber fabric - none of them were acceptable. We finally decided to have it custom dyed to match BMW's "Greige" exactly.

PM me and I'll send you a larger than normal sample swatch so you can compare.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Can't someone find out who the leather supplier or seat manufacturer for BMW motorcycles is and purchase material that would match the stock Grey seat from the supplier?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi Marc,

I have decided to order my seats from Russell. I just received their leather samples and there is one color that I chose for my seats. Of course the "skin" of leather is different than the one on the OEM vinyl, but I figured that after both seats and backrests are redone, there is only the knee pads and rear speaker trims left. If there is a slight mismatch with those, I don't care as I figure that the seats themselves can have a bit different tone than the other trims.

Best regards

·
Registered
588 Posts
airborne said:
Has anyone received a custom seat for a 2005 Yellow (gold) LT? As far as I can tell, no one can match the grey color. It would look kind of rough to have a seat that was not the same as the knee pads.
Corbin claims to be able to match all colors. I don't know anyting about their seats though.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have one of Ron's Kontour seats on mine and his material matches the grey and looks very nice. My only complaint now is that the Backup backrest vinyl doesn't match the new seat or the rear seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts