BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2012 R1200RT and really love it so far (midnight blue, no radio). Although I miss the comfort of the Corbin seat that I have on my '97 RT already. I was thinking about changing the seats but I have heated seats so would I be throwing that investment away or is there someone that builds nice custom seats by taking advantage of the components in my existing ones somehow?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Diver4242 said:
I picked up my 2012 R1200RT and really love it so far (midnight blue, no radio). Although I miss the comfort of the Corbin seat that I have on my '97 RT already. I was thinking about changing the seats but I have heated seats so would I be throwing that investment away or is there someone that builds nice custom seats by taking advantage of the components in my existing ones somehow?
As far as I'm aware, all the major seat companies can re-use your heating element. Not a problem.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you like the Corbin you and get one made with the heated element already installed. You just have to replace the BMW plug which they explain to you in their directions. I have one and love it.

Hope this helps,

JJ

·
Registered
169 Posts
kevincaron said:
Russell day long uses your parts also...
+1 on the Russell. I went cheap and got the vinyl version on a group buy. Cost me all of 300 bucks. Didn't do the pillion because nobody ever sits there.

And it heats up just fine.

-- Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.