BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Here's my solution to the 'Brake Pedal Dilemma" of being to high and adjusting it down. I added some after market floor boards, and fabricated a bracket to suit the new pedal. View attachment 180354
View attachment 180355
Nice looking floorboards 👍 much nicer looking than my Illium ones that the chrome is starting to peel on the edges from grinding. What make are they? Thanks

Reactions: CaliCruiser

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Very nice job. You definitely have a talent. I personally don't like floor boards and I think it might be more of an American preference but yours do look the part. Interesting idea with the brake pedal. Do you tend to push it forward rather than down ?
I guess my thought on floor boards is that it may limit your ability to get your foot down at a stop effectively. Do you find much difference between pegs and boards in this respect?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice job. You definitely have a talent. I personally don't like floor boards and I think it might be more of an American preference but yours do look the part. Interesting idea with the brake pedal. Do you tend to push it forward rather than down ?
I guess my thought on floor boards is that it may limit your ability to get your foot down at a stop effectively. Do you find much difference between pegs and boards in this respect?
Thank you - compliments are greatly appreciated and yes I do push slightly forward on the brake pedal, which still activates the brakes properly. As for the floor boards go and feet to the ground, is not a problem. You may or may not notice I fabricated my own down brackets, from 1" sq. tube for the floor boards.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,599 Posts
Let us know if they scrape on the corners. Stock foot pegs do if they are lowered.

Reactions: CaliCruiser
1 - 9 of 9 Posts