BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have enough material to make 15 reinforced 14 mm pivot pin sockets. These sockets will not expand or break when you loosen the pivot pins on the swing arm. The cost of the socket plus the machining will be about $35 ea. I will sell these at my cost plus shipping. I do not need any more sockets for myself so start your own list.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I have seen Dave's reinforced sockets in action. His bikes, my bike, somebody else's bike. They have never failed to remove the pivot pins, damage-free, I might add.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,792 Posts
+1 for Daves magical sockets.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I'm interested in one also Dave! PM me with details about how you want the funds. Can do PayPal.

John

·
Registered
596 Posts
one for me please.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Sent PM

:bmw:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These sockets will take a little longer to make than the 30 mm cut out sockets. The reinforced sleeve is made out of ETD 150 steel & there is machining & honing involved to achieve the high press fit. I ordered 20 sockets today & I have to wait until the 30 mm sockets are done before I can have the pivot pin sockets made. I'm looking at about 3 or 4 weeks for these sockets.

I have a pay-pal account & I'll send everyone the info when they are ready.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dave , please add me to this list also, thank you

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm in. PayPal?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
One (1) please.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update, I just received the 14mm sockets today (they were on back order) . These are high quality USA made impact sockets. I hope to get the sockets & the reinforcing material dropped off at the machinist this Sunday. I should have a better idea of when they will be ready to ship early next week.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
saddleman said:
I now have enough material to make 15 reinforced 14 mm pivot pin sockets. These sockets will not expand or break when you loosen the pivot pins on the swing arm. The cost of the socket plus the machining will be about $35 ea. I will sell these at my cost plus shipping. I do not need any more sockets for myself so start your own list.
Count me in Dave.
Robert

Also for the 30 mm.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts