BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has probably been done to death. Just curious to get peoples configurations. I run a Google Pixel Phone, R 1250RT 22, Sen SRL2 Headset. Two features I would like to retain is the SENA Speed Dials, and if possible the SENA long press that brings up Google Assistant.

I don't seem to be able to find a config that allows this. I have tried two distinct setups.

Setup 1
  1. Phone Connected via BT to TFT
  2. Phone Connected to Sena (Mobile 1)
  3. TFT Connected to Sena (Mobile 2)
This kinda works, although there seems to be a conflict sometimes and the phone audio doesn't come through to the headset (the TFT says it's dialing but it don't work).

Setup 2
  1. Phone Connected via BT to TFT
  2. TFT Connected to Sena (Mobile 1)
This is more reliable, but I loose the features I want (Quick dial just beeps and does nothing and long press does nothing).

Anyone been able to get something like this working?

·
Registered
'21 R1250RT
579 Posts
Anyone been able to get something like this working?
No, cannot be done, Android or iOS platform, doesn't matter.

The reason is that the TFT does not transfer the quickdial or assistant commands from headset to phone. The TFT also doesn't do intercom, many people ask that question.

I picked Setup 2 and accept the shortcomings.

·
Registered
481 Posts
To sorta get around speed dials I make sure anyone who I want to ring is in my recent call list then I can access them with the wonder wheel.

Reactions: dpickens

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, cannot be done, Android or iOS platform, doesn't matter.

The reason is that the TFT does not transfer the quickdial or assistant commands from headset to phone. The TFT also doesn't do intercom, many people ask that question.

I picked Setup 2 and accept the shortcomings.
That was my thought....Was hoping Setup 1 would give me the best of both worlds! I will continue to try!

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
135 Posts
I know this topic has probably been done to death. Just curious to get peoples configurations. I run a Google Pixel Phone, R 1250RT 22, Sen SRL2 Headset. Two features I would like to retain is the SENA Speed Dials, and if possible the SENA long press that brings up Google Assistant.
SENA <--> TFT <--> PHONE

Unfortunately the TFT does not pass thru anything other than audio from the helmet which means Google Assistant / Apple Siri don't work. Not sure how the speed dial works but my guess is that it is also blocked.

If you have a dedicated "BIKE PHONE" you can get something closer to what you want...

SENA (PHONE 1) <--> TFT <--> BIKE PHONE

SENA (PHONE 2) <--> PERSONAL PHONE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts