BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

cup holder for back seater

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Knife 
#1 ·
Has anyone thought and devised a cup holder to mount somehow somewhere towards the rear for a passenger?

I've seen setups on other brands, such as the HDs, but I haven't came across one on an LT. Thought it'd be nice for my better half, especially so I can convince her to go w/ me on an Iron Butt challenge.

I was thinking someone w/ the armrests could probably mount one to the bottom of one of the armrests.

Any ideas or sources of existing ones would be highly welcomed. :D

#2 ·
I just made one a few weeks ago. I'll post a pic and a pros/cons.

#3 ·
Knife said:
I just made one a few weeks ago. I'll post a pic and a pros/cons.
Look forward to it. :wave

#5 ·
jorgensen said:
We've attached a plastic cord to a carabiner, fits in the slot between backrest and speaker, and holds a bottle. Not great, but works.
That does sound like a quick and simple solution. Thanks for the idea. :)

#7 · (Edited)
sheldan2 said:
this is what I did for mine, quick, easy and inexpensive.

Mike that does look easy. :cool:

Are those the supports for the Z Technik armrests which you attached the cup holder to? It looks like it's to the side and behind the rider. If so, is it fairly easy for the rider to access it while riding?

#8 ·
Are those the supports for the Z Technik armrests which you attached the cup holder to? It looks like it's to the side and behind the rider. If so, is it fairly easy for the rider to access it while riding?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are, I drilled 2 small holes through the support and used plastic spacers to get it supported from the bottom from the bottom 2 screws so it would not break with a bigger drink.
Easy for the wife to get to her drink and not having to lean over to get the drink is a big plus for me.

#10 ·
bikerj said:
I don't see a picture hombre. All I see is code. :confused:
Yeah, I'll try again when I get home tonight.

#11 · (Edited)
Here's what I made using aluminum bar stock, tapped for the screws, and a cup holder from Cabela's, mounted to the arm rest bracket. Works OK, but I may turn it 180 degrees. The cup holder doesn't hold small bottles securely, only larger ones. The wife loves it. (Sorry about the large images. Not sure how to add the thumbnails.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.