BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned on a recent trip that the cruise control on the LT stops working at around 30 degrees. Makes sense since the last thing you want when you hit ice is to accelerate.

At first I thought I had a problem, but with temps going from 28 to about 34 and back I started to see the pattern quickly. I have not seen that feature mentioned before.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Wolfgang said:
I learned on a recent trip that the cruise control on the LT stops working at around 30 degrees. Makes sense since the last thing you want when you hit ice is to accelerate.

At first I thought I had a problem, but with temps going from 28 to about 34 and back I started to see the pattern quickly. I have not seen that feature mentioned before.
Mine quits below 38 degrees but then starts working again after 30-40 minutes.

dan

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
DanMartin said:
Mine quits below 38 degrees but then starts working again after 30-40 minutes.

dan
Mine has never quit!!!

What's that tell ya??!!??!! :D :D

Yeah, I know - I don't run the CC that much when it's really cold, cuz I like the heated grips.

Good on the notice, Wolfgang.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Dick said:
Mine has never quit!!!

What's that tell ya??!!??!! :D :D

Yeah, I know - I don't run the CC that much when it's really cold, cuz I like the heated grips.

Good on the notice, Wolfgang.
It tells me that Toad doesn't get out very much............

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
DanMartin said:
It tells me that Toad doesn't get out very much............
:p :p :p

Heck, I thought we were doing pretty good - I looked at the mileage (130k+) and then realized we're darn near 11 years old. That makes the yearly average kinda disappointing!! :(

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Thjis thread gives me a chance to get an explaination re do not use cruise control in rain or slick conditions. Since I think the cruise control measures the drive shaft rotational speed, if the wheel loses traction and spins, the drive shaft will increase speed and the cruise control will try to reduce speed, not speed up.

Where is my logic wrong???

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
My 03 did that before I had new throttle cable replacment. It was sensitive to cold. Kept getting worse and worse. Joe put me on to a mechanic that had a trick to use a cable tie on the throttle cable to stop it from doing that which worked and then I finally had new cables put on. But I believe it to be a cable adjustment issue or old cables.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Mine works just fine into the teen temperatures. I've never tried it in the single digit temps though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts