BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Gang: My 2002 LT is my baby: Recently, I have had two occations where the cruise control would not come on after stopping. But, the next time I ride it, it works fine. Am I doing something and it has to reset.
Thanks,
Steve....Birmingham, Al

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,559 Posts
Aside from component failure, the three main causes of CC to not operate are the clutch interlock , brake interlock switches and the throttle rail "force off" switch. With the bike in a very quiet garage, move the clutch lever about 1/4 of the way in. You should hear a faint click after it has moved a bit. If not push it out and listen for the click. Same on the brakes, both foot and hand. If those are out near the relaxed positon then they need to be adjusted. If those are fine then roll the throttle past the relaxed state "force it OFF". You should hear that faint click down on the throttle rail. If you don't then add some slack to the closer cable.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
jzeiler said:
Aside from component failure, the three main causes of CC to not operate are the clutch interlock , brake interlock switches and the throttle rail "force off" switch. With the bike in a very quiet garage, move the clutch lever about 1/4 of the way in. You should hear a faint click after it has moved a bit. If not push it out and listen for the click. Same on the brakes, both foot and hand. If those are out near the relaxed positon then they need to be adjusted. If those are fine then roll the throttle past the relaxed state "force it OFF". You should hear that faint click down on the throttle rail. If you don't then add some slack to the closer cable.
Hey, John - is the cruise control diagnostic procedure still valid for 2002 models. It's available in the HoW pages, scrollable down thru the page in the service. tab.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts