BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but second problem just before my next week trip!

I have not used Cruise control for a while, so I am not sure when has failed. Using the diagnostic procedure explained in this forum fails @ 5th step. No light pushing throttle forward(it does make a litthe noise). I have not touched the throtle cables but recently I removed the right foot rest to change gear box oil, and left fairing to change coolant( I did not move the petrol tank as I managed to slide a hose to the radiator.
What would be my next check?

Thanks for your opinions. Regards,

Andoni

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
andoni said:
Sorry but second problem just before my next week trip!

I have not used Cruise control for a while, so I am not sure when has failed. Using the diagnostic procedure explained in this forum fails @ 5th step. No light pushing throttle forward(it does make a litthe noise). I have not touched the throtle cables but recently I removed the right foot rest to change gear box oil, and left fairing to change coolant( I did not move the petrol tank as I managed to slide a hose to the radiator.
What would be my next check?

Thanks for your opinions. Regards,

Andoni
Check the micro on the clutch. On the under side of the left control
remove the cover.
Loosen the screw on micro switch
Push the switch tight against the clutch
Tighten the set screw.
Reinstall the cover.
On 95 % of the clutch problems this will fix it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
"I have not used Cruise control for a while"

I use my cruise for everything except up-shifting, down-shifting and entering and exiting highways (almost). With such a sophisticated piece of equipment, why wouldn't you use it 90% of the time. Increase speed 1 mph per forward click, decelerate 1 mph with very backward click, continues acceleration with forward thumb pressure, deceleration with continuous backward thumb pressure. It is better than the unit in my autos. Also saves on the wrist.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If the test is failing on the throttle portion of the test, check the adjustment of the micro switch located at the throttle body end of the the throttle cables.

-Chuck-

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
BigGeo said:
"I have not used Cruise control for a while"

I use my cruise for everything except up-shifting, down-shifting and entering and exiting highways (almost). With such a sophisticated piece of equipment, why wouldn't you use it 90% of the time. Increase speed 1 mph per forward click, decelerate 1 mph with very backward click, continues acceleration with forward thumb pressure, deceleration with continuous backward thumb pressure. It is better than the unit in my autos. Also saves on the wrist.
I'm that way to. Best cruise control I've ever used.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Mine tends to not work when it gets wet (rain or wash). Someone else on the board mentioned hitting it with silicone spray, cycle the switch a few times, and voila!

When I first got Stahlross, the red light by the switch was not illuminated; not all diagnostics worked, but the CC would work after running diags and would not work if I turned the key off . . . until running through the diags procedure again . . . .

Hit it with silicone spray, cycle the switches several times, and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts