BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a fix for the L.T. cruise control! A new larger cable and repair kit.
Part#1 32-73-7-694-490- Part#1 32-73-7-694-491-
Part#1 32-72-7-691-990 Part# 1 32-72-7-691-989
Part#1 32-72-7-682-288 I'm not sure of the order, but they should be
1 throttle-2- acc. cable-3-repair kit-4-deflection cover-5-relay.
$162.35 in parts $280.00 in labor And well worth it! The throttle twists easier, and there are no more kick offs. I had it installed in JUly about 3000
miles ago, and not one malfunction. ENJOY!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
...didn't know mine was broken (2005) - what are the symptoms ??

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
davidturner said:
Yours may be fine now but maybe not later. They should upgrade you under WARRANTY, IF YOU SO DESIRE.
...what is the problem?? what should I be looking for?????

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll bring this up with my dealer. My cruise seems to not engage on cooler morning, though the failure is not consistent. It also has kicked off a couple times or would not rengage after I took it off for a while.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have an '03 and my cruise control seems to work fine. When it has kicked off, I have determined that it was due to the fact that i mistakenly pushed the throttle forward slightly or touched the brake pedal or lever. it is easy to do with gloves on without noticing it.

I believe most owners may have done this without realizing it also.

If there is some form of kit to retrofit the cruise that is suppose to make it more reliable, I am going to do it anyway. Who knows, it may break and I have about 5 months left on my warranty.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Can you expand on that zip tie fix Joe.
What was wrong?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Fred at Roman Cycle zip-tied the throttle cables together and onto something (can't remember now) so they can't move. Just inside the left radiator vent. I can actually see it if I look in there. My CC has always given me fits until he did that. I used the CC non-stop all the way to Seattle and back . . . not one hiccup.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had some of the same problem with my cc on an 05 1200LT. Part of the time it would work and them stop. It seems to be more on the hotter days them cold. The dealer did check but could not find any problem. Went for a ride on Saturday and it did it again when it was good and warm. Will give the information for the repair to the dealer and see what he can do. Thanks

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Update on my cruise control. I had my 12K service done Tuesday at BMW Cleavland across from Geauga Lake. They found it was a cable issue. They fixed it for free, along with a couple of recalls. It was Phil (from the closed Indianapolis BWM) that worked on my bike. My bike has been serviced at three of the four dealers in our area, and so far these guys are the best.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
jerrywritebol said:
I have had some of the same problem with my cc on an 05 1200LT. Part of the time it would work and them stop. It seems to be more on the hotter days them cold. The dealer did check but could not find any problem. Went for a ride on Saturday and it did it again when it was good and warm. Will give the information for the repair to the dealer and see what he can do. Thanks
On my last LT, I found that a slight adjustment of the microswitch actuated by the return cable cured my spotty cruise operation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts