BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. Is there any harm in leaving the cruise control switch ON all the time. I often forget to turn it off after use.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Just wondering. Is there any harm in leaving the cruise control switch ON all the time. I often forget to turn it off after use.
No issue in leaving it ON.

In fact, because of weak internal plastic parts wear, it is better NOT to move the ON-OFF switch (Left-Right) too often. I have seen the internals and now understand some of the switches failures with age.

P.S.: by the way, as documented in Owner's manual the Cruise-Control will not engage below 25 MPH (40 Km/h) so there is no danger of such incident even if you accidently touch the SET or RES button at very low speed (or while stopped).

Reactions: Fun Bobby

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only thing that I think could catch you out is if you inadvertently bump the Resume button at the wrong time and you started accelerating (or slowing) when you didn't want to.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't see any reason to turn it off.
I think it may be there for an emergency shut-off, if something gets out of control and there no other way to turn it off.
I use it sometimes only when cleaning bike and putting armor-all on the black plastic.
BJ

·
Registered
689 Posts
For years cars had cruiser control without an on/off switch. I drove many miles in those cars with no issues. I say leave it on and don't worry. Even if you accidently engage the cruise at some point the brakes will override it, so no worries.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone. I figured it didn't do any harm, but you never know these days, so i figured i'd ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts