BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 K1200LT, 92K
:My cruise control is very finicky when it is cold and when I turn on the handgrip heaters. When it is cold it'll stop working after clutching and when trying to set it the cruise, it won't activate. It'll come back on when I turn off the key and then it'll work until I have to use the clutch or brake.
When I turn on my handgrip heaters, it'll just stop and won't reset until the temp reseeds. I've run the test (Both brakes and clutch) and it's the throttle part.

Is there a way to clean any contacts and if so, where are their location? :bmw::dance:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,167 Posts
If it is the throttle that is hanging it up just loosen the adjuster on the closer cable (the inboard one). Adding slack will enlarge the distance to activate the switch. No contact cleaning as they are sealed switches.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many turns do you recommend and thank you for the reply.:bmw::dance:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,167 Posts
You should be able to hear an audible click in the micro switch down on the throttle bodies (you need to be in a quiet place) with 10 degrees of throttle off movement past the hands free stop point. If it is less than that add to the slack. This should work out to about 1 to 1.5 mm.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.. Thanks.. :bmw:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts