BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have used throttlemeister on an 02 and an 05, there are others all about the same price. $90-$120. Most BMW dealer carry them including the popular online dealers.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
If anyone can afford $1000+ for that gadget would do better selling their bike and buying one that comes with it. I thought $125 for a throttlemeister was on the high side.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dieselweasel said:
If anyone can afford $1000+ for that gadget would do better selling their bike and buying one that comes with it. I thought $125 for a throttlemeister was on the high side.
When it comes to my GSA, the only vote that matters is mine.
The McCruise provides a capability that BMW failed to offer.
It was important enough to me to fix that shortfall.
It's been worth it.

My LT and I have been together for ten years.
Wish it had more horsepower, but not ready to replace it.
I've ridden the GTs and RTs.
Not good enough to replace my LT.
We'll see if the K1600 is good enough to consider.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
mwood7800 said:
Anyonep have c/c on a gs
You would probably get a better response to this question on the Adventure riders forum.
I think it is at advrider.com/forum

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow, looks like the cockpit of a jet airliner!

·
Registered
418 Posts
heavynikonf3 said:
Wow, looks like the cockpit of a jet airliner!
Same set up on my on my LT.
The Saeng Quick Scan mirrors are on the winglets on my LT.
First thing I ordered for the GSA.
Makes for very minimal transition between the LT and GSA.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Dieselweasel said:
If anyone can afford $1000+ for that gadget would do better selling their bike and buying one that comes with it.
Well, not many bikes come with electronic cruise control. McCruise offers a factory like cruise for many bikes. It is expensive but many people think that it well worth the price.

Electric cruise controls offer efficient long distance speed control and can save you from a ticket by keeping your speed at a constant 5-7 over the limit but under a policeman's gotcha level.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
®win said:
Yep. Works for me too. I have the Wonderlight version.
Those are all nicely made products and serve well to reduce forearm and wrist strain, but you can't beat electronic cruise control such as McCruise for all day speed control.
My 2cents.

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
kk610lt said:
Question - Does that unit dis-engage when you squeeze the brake levers, clutch lever or when the throttle is over ridden?
You want the Electronic version, disengages by brake, clutch or off switch. $199
Not sure how easy to install on a motorcycle?
Anyone using this?
http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-Ultracruise-250-1316-Electronic-Control/dp/B001UT0CXA/ref=pd_sbs_auto_1
Apparently you need to order switch seperatly??? Add $65
http://www.amazon.com/250-3593-Control-Switch-Rostra-Audiovox/dp/B001YAI778/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_b

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have the McCruise on my 2007 GSA. It works as good or better then the factory cruise on an LT or GT. I bought it because it was specifically modelled for my bike and I didn't have to worry about trying to make something meant for a car work on a bike. It cost me $600. Expensive......yes, but at least for me it was worth it. The buttons are easy to use with gloves on and its design makes the controller easy to mount on the bars. If I had to do over again, I would buy another one. I am willing to pay more for a product that is designed for my needs and works well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have experienced the not having anything and that's not good. My GT and LT both had the electronic and was very nice, however, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. For the 200+ I would rather have other goodies........Ride on.........Hey but if you have the cash........Why not, right?

·
Registered
832 Posts
ronk1200lt said:
I have the McCruise on my 2007 GSA. It works as good or better then the factory cruise on an LT or GT. I bought it because it was specifically modelled for my bike and I didn't have to worry about trying to make something meant for a car work on a bike. It cost me $600. Expensive......yes, but at least for me it was worth it. The buttons are easy to use with gloves on and its design makes the controller easy to mount on the bars. If I had to do over again, I would buy another one. I am willing to pay more for a product that is designed for my needs and works well.
+1

·
Registered
18 Posts
kk610lt said:
Question - Does that unit dis-engage when you squeeze the brake levers, clutch lever or when the throttle is over ridden?

I know it dis-engages when the brake was used, don't remember about the clutch or throttle.

It came with the bike used, so I don't know how the install was or how much it costs.

I worked pretty good, did not hold the speed perfectly like it should have though.

I have a throttle lock on my GS and it works good enough to relax my right hand while driving.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
+1 on the MC Cruise, got spoiled by the cruise on my LT's, Tried the Kaoko but just didn't work for me. I do too may miles on my GSA for no cruise.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts