BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 LT. I was talking with a friend as I was mounting my ride. The ignition was on the radio was on and I meant to press the #1 button on my remote but instead pressed the # 3 button. The LEDs on the radio disappeared. I then pressed the #1 button and started my ride. I pressed the on button for the radio and it did not work. I got on the highway and pushed my cruise control switch and my cruise was not working. When I got home I checked all of the fuse and all are good. I then went to this site and searched in the Hall of Wisdom and found the 4/25/02 thread where Randy Prade posted the procedure to reset the cruise. I went through the procedure step by step and the cruise is now working.
I still don't have a working radio. Does anyone have an idea or procedure that may fix this issue? I think it is the programing, not sure.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did you try disconnecting the battery and then reconnect?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I checked the fuses, I disconnected the battery for about a minute and still no radio. After I posted my troubles some old threads came up and one of them stated you had to disconnect the battery for 15 to 20 minutes. I went to the garage and disconnected the positive side of the battery and left it like that for about an hour; I was doing something else. I went back and connected the battery and now the radio works. YEA!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts