BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cd player on my brand new LT is shite :mad: . it jumps all over the place just like the one I had on my RT. :mad: :mad:

I now want to connect an ipod to the bike so i can use the bikes radio controls.

I am sure this has been covered many times before but please give me some wisdom on how to do this.

Ta

SC

·
Registered
175 Posts
I converted mine by using a Soundgate brand aux. out adapter, plugs in between the changer and factory harness. Rocker switch controls feed to 2 aux jacks + setting for CD. Aux cable was run to coverter to drop voltage for XM, ran feed up to stingray cubby where XM resides. I believe a search of the forum will yield some pretty good instructions, along with exactly what is needed. I believe the same setup will work for Ipods,etc. Well worth the effort IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
bikerboybmw said:
The Cd player on my brand new LT is shite :mad: . it jumps all over the place just like the one I had on my RT. :mad: :mad:

Ta

SC
My CD player works fine, except when riding over severe bumps, then it pauses to recover from the shock. If the roads you're riding on are in bad shape then, yeah, there're other options. If not, then I would look into why the player skips. It could be that the shipping screws weren't removed. Don't ask my why I know this ;) .
Jer

·
Registered
110 Posts
I cleaned mine with compressed air with a thin nozzle extension. I then ran a cleaner disc through a few times and it improved 99%.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you have a new bike all you have to do is get a three conductor patch cord with miniplugs. It plugs from the earphone plug on my MP3 player to the Aux plug on the Voice II. Press the lower left button on the stingray until Aux appears on the computer screen and you are all set. I have about 10 gigs of albums on my player and I just set it to shuffle and let it rip. Hours of music with no DJs. I got a 12in patch cord from Radio Shack for about $4.00.

Bruce

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did they mount the unit in the foam casing? Mine can hits some good bumps or multiple railroad tracks and it still stays in play.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What seems to be typical (of the newer LTs) is the CD player works fine over big bumps, but skips over the smaller (stutter) bumps. I guess that means that if you have REALLY bad roads, you're good to go, but if you have California concrete freeways, better step up to an iPod....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Buchnerb said:
If you have a new bike all you have to do is get a three conductor patch cord with miniplugs. It plugs from the earphone plug on my MP3 player to the Aux plug on the Voice II. Press the lower left button on the stingray until Aux appears on the computer screen and you are all set. I have about 10 gigs of albums on my player and I just set it to shuffle and let it rip. Hours of music with no DJs. I got a 12in patch cord from Radio Shack for about $4.00.

Bruce
Hi,

I have 2 questions:

I have BMW original CD player on my 2005 LT and would like to replace it with CD player that supports MP3...and other. Any ideas?
I can get to AUX on my screen but do can not find where is the cable to plug my small MP3 player .

br, and thank you,

Slavko ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you have the VoiceII comm system then the control panel is in the oddments box. To the right of the big knob there are three sockets. One should be marked Aux. You need to buy a patch cord to go from your player with a 3.5mm plug on the other end. Plug the cord in, star your player and use the CD button to switch the input to Aux on the screen. If you do not have a VoiceII I cannot help because that is the only one I am familiar with.

Bruce

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do not see an aux socket on the front panel so I assume I need to get to the rear of the Cd / radio unit. Is this easy to get too or do I have to take loads of plastic off?

thanks

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
You have to remove plastic and remove the stingray to be able to install the additional cable required if you want an "aux" input if you have an older model (pre '06, I think) radio (Professional 2000). I did it at the same time as installing the HID's and motolights, just for "fun"......

Use the search, there are some good articles explaining the procedures (look at Doug Matson's post here). It was easy to follow and works just fine.
The part you need is available off Ebay here for US $32.95, although you might be able to get it in UK. Not available in Oz.

Good luck
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&viewitem=&item=130116510499

1 - 12 of 12 Posts