BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is currently checking the valve clearances on my bike and noticed that the crank Case breather is perished and needs to be replaced. He estimates it takes 1 1/2 hours to do this. He said that it is an awkward job. Does that sound correct.?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Yes - You have to take the plastic and tank off to get to the CC breather.

Also you should have them check the vacuum lines from that to the fuel rail. Those tend to split and leak with time. The job is kind of a pain in the but because it is sandwiched between the frame and the engine.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,561 Posts
1 1/2 hours is a bit on the lite side since the tank must come off and the throttle bodies removed. If you are getting it done for that it is a good deal.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
If he can do it in an hour and a half. Tip him well.

Did mine a couple of years ago. Once you get the tank off, its still a pain in the ass.

I got big fingers.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just did mine here at home. I hope I don't have too do it again for another 9 years. Out of all the work I did to replace the rear engine seal this was the most stressful. The POS was a Pain in the Ass.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. I am going to get him to repalce the air and fuel filters whilst hw has the tank off as well. Said he would just charge me materials for these extra bits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts