BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I am half way through the clutch replacement and noticed oil and grime in and around my throttle bodies. After searching the forums it sounds like it is probably the crankcase breather hose issue. I wasn't able to find any pictures on the site. I took one last night as a reference.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think if you clean up that rubber manifold you will find it is cracked where the angled inlet is laminated to the rest of the manifold. I replaced the rubber manifold and did my best to make sure there was no twisting pressure from the breather hose when I reconnected it. If it cracks again, I will have a metal manifold fabricated and eliminate the rubber one.

John

·
Miles of Smiles
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
That is where I'm at waiting on the part. BTW the part comes all put together with the entire hose. Also good idea to check your boots for cracks as Alaskafish pointed out to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Confirmed. I cleaned it up and found 2 sets of holes in it. Not sure how BMW justifies $70 for a piece of rubber tubing and some hose clamps. I've already put quite a bit into replacing the clutch. I'm planning on putting a home made manifold in it's place.

Great pictures though. Explains a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts