BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attached a PDF file that I put together regarding the repair of my EHCS that occurred after I had changed the hydraulic fluid over the winter. You will see from the pictures that the crack was from near a corner of the pot metal casting on the hydraulic pump side of the system (I would say it is the tank for the hydraulic fluid).
Hope it is of help to those that might have the same problem (I hope not though)!

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,925 Posts
Wow Phil,

I just had the .030 O ring blow out when I put too much fluid in the first time. There is a magical amount of fluid that must be put back in for it to function properly and not blow out an O ring or the side of the reservoir. My method was to cycle it horizontally on the bench while adding fluid to get full travel then stop adding when I heard the relife valve open. So far a year has gone by with good operation and no leaks. Hope you are as lucky. Great repair though and well documented.

·
Registered
809 Posts
My OSCS hasn't given me a bit of trouble. ;) Old style reemphasizes "Simplicity means dependability", I suppose.

Glad you guys have your EHCS figured out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts