BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've seen the mention on this board, but I can't find it now... which kit works with the K1200LT from CQLight.ca? And, which bulb do I use? I've heard there are a few options but there seemed to be a suggested package with bulb to use.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Travis

Try this one

I ordered the 5000 deg.K option. I have not ridden it yet. (Waiting for the three foot snow drift to melt down.)
My initial impressions are:
Decent fit up on install.
Quality "looks" OK.
Bright!
A little bit too Blue to my liking. Probably not enough to attract attention, but I wouldn't place any bets either. Halogens look yellow in comparison.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I actually think you ought to be running something in the 4200K range for the low beam. The 5000K is better suited for the high beam position. JMO.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Steve_R said:
I actually think you ought to be running something in the 4200K range for the low beam. The 5000K is better suited for the high beam position. JMO.
Do agree with your opinion, but CQ doesn't offer anything lower than 5000K or I would have went with it.:(

Price was the driving force behind the purchase of this particular kit. Now I wonder...................... Going to try it anyway, may be OK.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dman said:
Do agree with your opinion, but CQ doesn't offer anything lower than 5000K or I would have went with it.:(

Price was the driving force behind the purchase of this particular kit. Now I wonder...................... Going to try it anyway, may be OK.
Just got done installing a 5000K bulb in my low beam - darn thing looks white to me... a slight blue tint, but you wouldn't know it if I didn't tell you :).

Anyway - isn't there a variance in these bulbs anyway? I can't believe that the manufacturing tolerances are so tight as to be EXACTLY 5000K - there must be some tolerance (+/- 200K????)... if so I can't imagine a great noticeable difference between 4200K and 5000K.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've been running the 5000k H7 low and 5000K H3 High for the past couple of weeks. Wish I'd done it sooner, the light is incredible, I can see more and have the light adjusted to just below the trunk lid of leading cars with no flashes from oncomming cars.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I sent CQ an email asking if they had a motorcycle kit for the LT that had the H7 and H3 bulbs. They responded that there is not such a kit shown on the website but if you call in your order they can fix you up. Later I found a post on the list to that effect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts