BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I use the Nelson Rigg UV-2000 XL half cover. It packs small enough to fit into a fanny pack they sell it in. I've had two, each has lasted me about 5 years of daily use. I just put a rip in mine pulling too hard to get it around the mirror. They are only $35.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/BikeCovers.aspx

Attachments

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
ashley12 said:
planing 3 week road trip opinion on useing cover for bike planing on staying in motels only
Option 1:
Bring a sleeping bag.
-When you get to your motel room, strip the covers off the bed, and use 'em to cover the LT. (it's a great bike, deserving of it.)
-Roll out your sleeping bag on the motel bed and sleep soundly knowing your K1200LT is well covered for the night.

Disclaimer: I cannot be held liable for any damages applied to your bill by the motel.

Option 2:
Buy a cover like one of those suggested in above, more congenial and sensible replies.

Option 3:
Just park it like I do. After 10 years, the bike still hasn't melted in the sun and rain.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got back from a one week trip staying in motels...bought a "CoverMax" cover from the local Honda dealer for $39 XL size and it worked great. It was nice not having to wipe down dew each morning.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
+1 on the EZ Touring cover. Packs up very small and it's nice not to have the seat wet from dew, rain, etc. in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts