BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just gone from an LT to an 2008 RT and have a couple questions. I used to pull a single wheel trailer made by thirdwheeltrailers.com with the LT and will now be setting up the RT for the same trailer. I used a Dauntless hitch on the LT, does anyone have recommendations for the RT hitch. Also, if I use LED lights on the trailer do I need a relay protected harness to keep the load off the RT wiring? I did have the relays on the LT due to the tiny tail light wires.

Switching topics...the bike came with lots of aftermarket accessories, one of which was a windshield which I don't recognize. Its got an oval hole about 4" wide cut into the lower section, anyone familiar with this brand?

thanks

r

·
Registered
296 Posts
I can't answer your question about the trailer hitch but I believe the windshield your speaking of is the California Scientific product. You can goggle them-they make windshields for a lot of different bikes.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I would check with Dauntless for a hitch on your RT. If they are not making one then you should contact Bushtec. As far as the lights go, I would use a interface on the RT canbus system just to be on the safe side. The LED's would probably be OK, but if something shorted out the canbus system could be damaged.

itspossible said:
I've just gone from an LT to an 2008 RT and have a couple questions. I used to pull a single wheel trailer made by thirdwheeltrailers.com with the LT and will now be setting up the RT for the same trailer. I used a Dauntless hitch on the LT, does anyone have recommendations for the RT hitch. Also, if I use LED lights on the trailer do I need a relay protected harness to keep the load off the RT wiring? I did have the relays on the LT due to the tiny tail light wires.

Switching topics...the bike came with lots of aftermarket accessories, one of which was a windshield which I don't recognize. Its got an oval hole about 4" wide cut into the lower section, anyone familiar with this brand?

thanks

r

1 - 3 of 3 Posts