BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again gang,

I know the earlier years had versions ie: standard,elite etc. Do the newer ones have them?
What year did the K1200LT change??

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Most of the big changes happened in 2005 such as the steering angle, headlight, engine hp, seat and most of the bodywork bits. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong or missed something.

As for the various trim levels, I think those went away in '05 or so as well as the chrome trim became standard fare at that point. From there I think all the extras like intercom and so on were just options, no packages. I wouldn't worry too much about the trim package, just buy one that has the stuff you want and then figure out if it is base, icon or elite - or better yet, just ride and enjoy and forget about that stuff.

On the older models, I wouldn't pay any premium for one trim package vs another, just get a bike that is well maintained and in nice shape. Remember that any electronics like intercom and radio are 14+ year old technology. If you want an intercom get a Sena or similar wireless, it will work better and you will not have a cord dangling between you and your passenger. Plus you have the added benefit of piping music or your phone into it, plus bike to bike communication.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I believe the electro-hydraulic center stand was first available with the 2004 model. I have it on my 2005 and use it often.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Knife said:
I believe the electro-hydraulic center stand was first available with the 2004 model. I have it on my 2005 and use it often.
That particular item came on the '05 here. In Europe it was on the '04 Bikes.

John

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have the original factory order spec documentation with my '05. It (is in German) but appears to mention the Chrome Trim Package, but I'm not certain if it means as an option. I think however, the passenger foot-plates are an option and the bike came standard with rear (passenger) foot pegs. Others may have more or better info. For the record, my '05 has (came with) the intercom (V.O.I.C.E.), rear foot plates, chrome mirrors but no factory GPS. Maybe the GPS was an option as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts