BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After countless hours of stress trying to get our PC operational after a rebuild, I finally got some pics of the LT. Now if I can only figure how to get the image on my post header..... possibly the image file is too large.

Interesting registration number we got, which was originally provided for the R1100RT that was traded three weeks later, for the LT!

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/07121409/3mmugh35m5/

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice Sheepskin Seat Cover

You know, I have always ridden with a sheepskin seat cover, for more than 20 years. Just got a 2001 LT and have a couple of questions. It doesnt have a cover - where did you get yours, can you feel the heated seat thru it and does it make a significant difference on long rides?
Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the sheepskin at Pat Garrett's (they have just about any kind you want, we paid $80 for the full size), about 40 mins West of RT 61 in Pa. http://www.sickafus.com/

The passenger seat is heated, no problem with the skin on top, and she loves it! I haven't ridden the bike without it, other than the test ride before we bought it.

Sorta like a new baby, they all look alike, unless your the new parent.....

The license plate just seemed to say, "this is the one your supposed to have!"

I was really thrilled that I got the darn camera program up and running today.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well May you have 10,000 good riding days. Is that thing alive on your seat?
I used to get my skins in Shartlesburg or some thing like that. Just of of I78.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks great, its the coolest and fastest color too! Mine came from Hermy's originally as well.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Looks like a little gorrilla with a helmet on laying on your new bike! Have fun, hope he don't bite.

·
Registered
192 Posts
sully2028 said:
You know, I have always ridden with a sheepskin seat cover, for more than 20 years. Just got a 2001 LT and have a couple of questions. It doesnt have a cover - where did you get yours, can you feel the heated seat thru it and does it make a significant difference on long rides?
Thanks, Dan
I can easily feel the heat through my sheepskin. dwillie.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congrats on the new LT. Looks just like my 2000 LTC before a shave and haircut.

Be careful on the back roads, you might have to fend of a love crazed sasquash... :dance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts